Monday, June 8, 2009

12 Days...

I forgot how fast time goes by the last 2-3 weeks before big races. I've delayed doing the important things I'd planned on doing a week or two ago and it's about to be crunch time. I think the only thing keeping me sane at this point is the training was on, played out ideally, and I feel "ready" for another Ironman. I've been comparing my training this year to my training for IMAZ last year and realized the benefit of quality over quantity. I didn't train myself into the ground this year to the point where I had to take several days off to recover and I avoided having any major burnout periods. I did more of the longer runs and rides by myself this year and the bigger focus on keeping steady will hopefully pay off. Now the only thing left to do is sustain a beneficial taper and stick to the plan on raceday. The 10-day countdown starts soon!

No comments: