Saturday, June 20, 2009

12 hours...

The good news is the countdown is over after this post, the bad news is I have to do an Ironman first thing in the morning. It's really not bad news, just a pretty heavy thing to have on your shoulders. The weather here has been perfect for most of the time we've been here. I've been in a sweatshirt mornings and nights and barely getting away with shorts and a t-shirt in the afternoon. I rode briefly this morning and after about 5 minutes I broke out of the uncomfortable cold feeling and could effortlessly ease into a rythm on the bike. The forecast tomorrow is supposed to be 65-69 with possible rain/thunderstorms around 1-2, about when I plan on finishing the bike. The only thing stressing me out is how choppy the water has been...
As always the support from everyone keeps me going, so thanks for that.

Aside from the race, Coeur D'Alene is beautiful. The summers here are alot like the winters in Austin, and low humidity. After the race we're road-tripping to Montana until Thursday, then back to Spokane, Wa. for our Friday morning flight home. I'm already homesick though... Post-race update monday!

No comments: