Sunday, June 14, 2009

7 Days...

Yes... I'm doing the annoying countdown. A week from this very second I won't be on my couch eating breakfast tacos and watching CMT music videos, I'll be riding my bicycle. Hopefully for just a little over 5 hours. After that I'll be running, hopefully for less than 4 hours. I think this is what is referred to as the calm before the storm. This is the first weekend in a very long time that I got breakfast after my morning ride instead of lunch and had a couple hours to kill after my run and before work.

Thursday morning, as in before sunrise, I catch a flight to Spokane, Wa. rent a car and head east to Coeur D'Alene, which I can now spell correctly. This will be my second Ironman, which I think will be harder than my first because I can't use the excuse that it's my first and I "just want to finish" to get out of "expectations". I can't use the term PR but considering my first one, there is alot of room for improvement. It's been a tolling 6-months of training on me and STILL working my way through injuries from before training started made it that much more difficult to try and take in and enjoy the process.

On a more successful note (ha ha) - Team Marsh just had great races this morning at Kansas 70.3. Brandon 5th and Amy 3rd (behind Chrissy Wellington and Pip Taylor). I'd count that off as a good way to start (and finish?) the day. Congratulations

No comments: