Sunday, July 13, 2008

End of season post

So I'm making this my end-of-the-season recap-of-a-terrible-season post, even though it's july. Buffalo springs 70.3 went very well for me because I was determined to have a good run for once this season and I feel acomplished. It rained most of the day and I'm a wimp when it comes to riding on wet pavement down winding hills, so I spent about 2 1/2 hours riding my brakes and getting passed by everyone. I was having pains on the back of my lower calf that I passed off as tight muscles so I took a week or so off before the race then just ran through the pain during the race and managed a 1:39, and haven't been able to walk since. In the past week (2 1/2 weeks later) I decide to go to the doctor to be told I have a stress fracture in my tibia, so no weight on my right leg for at least a week, then a walking boot for at least a month. I'm hoping to race a couple sprints and maybe an olympic before the season is over and train through the winter for next year...CDA '09!

2 comments:

Austin Tri-Cyclist said...

Dammit....get better. I am secretly happy now that I wont be only one out of shape now.
-Adam

George said...

Haha, you're definitely not alone. Have you been riding much