Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Knees and nutrition part II

The update from the knee doc is medial tearing where the patella tendon attaches to the tibia, which is good news! Or... could be worse. So I celebrated by running 14 miles, or to be more specific I ran 12.5, cratered horribly, then did the suffering-shuffle the last 1.5. I'm blaming that one on me for not eating breakfast before the run. So now I just have to do some maintainence and use an anti-inflammatory cream (NSAIC?) for a few weeks. Saturday was too miserable to ride, I started and decided I just didn't want to suffer that early on in training, say what you want about how much of a cold-weather wimp I am, as long as I get to be warm while you do so. Congratulations to everyone who raced this weekend, especially Darragh who ran a 2:40.
More later.

No comments: